A different way to "gather data" and to get all different opinions on a subject.
Length of time
The facilitator tries to gather the data by using the television "Jeopardy" as a base. The meaning is to get some keywords (answers) from your team. Afterwards you will try to get the different opinions by evaluating with your team what the question could be.
A board with different blocks on it and a marker to write.
- Answer: Testing
- What are we not doing enough?
- What are we doing thoroughly?
- What happens too late?
The google doc can be found here:
Setting the stage. (5 minutes)
Explain what the game Jeopardy is. (You only get answers on big board and you try to find the question that belongs to this answer).You ask each team-member to think of ONE word that summarizes a problem or a good thing. The word should be the answer to the question they think of.
Gather data (20 minutes)
- Now each team-member give you their answer. They don't say the question yet. You write the answer in a box.
- When all answers are written on the board, you ask the other team-members to find out what the question could be. Under the box of the answer you write down all the questions given.
- When you notice that no more questions can be found, you ask the person who has given the answer what his original question was. Write it down if not yet given and highlight it.
Voting (5 minutes)
Ask each team-member to write down 3 of the '''questions''' given that they think are the most important.
Decide what to do (30 minutes)
Discuss the 3 questions that have the most votes. And try to find a good "Retro-action" for it.